father name and name changes?

http://www.archion.de/p/417aa4eeff/
image 149 pg 23 # 6

I hope this link works per your instructions.

Is Grooms Name: Hannss Mühlberg? In later records he is Johann Mühlberger is this reasonable to have the spelling change?

His father is Nicolay Mühlberg or Mühlberger?

Is Hanns or Nicolay a Kobler in Mailach?

Catharina's father is Freidrich Krafft??

A huge Thanks for ALL your help

Bonnie

http://www.archion.de/p/417aa4eeff/
image 149 pg 23 # 6

I hope this link works per your instructions.

Is Grooms Name: Hannss Mühlberg? In later records he is Johann Mühlberger is this reasonable to have the spelling change?

His father is Nicolay Mühlberg or Mühlberger?

Is Hanns or Nicolay a Kobler in Mailach?

Catharina's father is Freidrich Krafft??

A huge Thanks for ALL your help

Bonnie

The links works perfectly, thanks a lot.

....Hanns Mühlberg, Nicolaus Mühlbergs Koblers u. Sibners
zu Meylach ehl. Sohn und Cathrina Fridrich Kraffts Bauerns
und Siebners zu Meylach seel. nachgel. Tochter...

...Hanns Mühlberg, the legitimate son of Nicolaus Mühlberg, a cooper and [sibner-not translated] at Mailach, and Cathrina, the surviving daughter of the late Fridrich Krafft, a (former) farmer and [siebener-not translated] at Mailach...

The profession of the groom, Hanns Mühlberg, is not provided in this record.

When you carefully check the birth/baptism entries for children of this couple, is the father's name really provided as Johann instead of Hans???

While Hans is a derivation/shortened form of Johann, one needs to be really careful with name changes in order not to lose track of the correct family.

Mühlberg versus Mühlberger is well possible.

Please also note the slightly different spelling of the given name of Cathrina's father.

Vera

Vera, the first child of this couple has the father as Hanns and for the 2nd child, it's listed as Johann. I can track the deaths of the mothers before each new marriage as Johann was married 3 times fathering 12 children that I've found so far. There was one other Hanns who was married about the same time as the Hanns above but from another small time near Lonnerstadt so I'm favoring the record from Mailach. There were no other Johann's being married only Hanns's in appropriate timeframe...thus my thinking that his name was changed or the priest started using his formal name. I haven't found his birth record yet so will keep an open mind. Thanks again!

Zurück
Oben