Paul Schultheiß

Guten Abend,

I would appreciate it very much if someone could kinldy help me with this document http://www.archion.de/p/447663b855/ ...the marriage record of Paul Schultheiß and Margaretha (widow of Caspar Schlegel).

There seems to be a lot of information about Paul but I can only grasp a few words... Captain Lieutenant... Kreis Regiment...

Vielen Dank!
Patrizia

Den 23. Febr. An der Fassnacht Paul Schulthaiß uss Sachsen ge-
bührtig, welcher gewesen H(err)n Capitain Leuttenants
von Michelburgischem LeibRegiment zu Pferdt
Diener undt Margreta Caspar Schlegels
Sel(ig) Witiw allhier.

Textus Nuptialis
Gen. 2/18

Vielen Dank, Franz. I appreciate your help in understanding better what was written in the record.

Den 23. Febr. An der Fassnacht Paul Schulthaiß uss Sachsen ge-
bührtig, welcher gewesen H(err)n Capitain Leuttenants
von Michelburgischem LeibRegiment zu Pferdt
Sel(ig) Witiw allhier.

Textus Nuptialis
Gen. 2/18

Thanks again to Franz_Ridler and also KoenigAguar (from the other post).

I searched on the Internet and it seems that the "Leib Regiment zu Pferde" were the Prussia's Horse Guards.

Moreover, as I read again both the German and English versions of the text, I am wondering whether I might have erroneously thought that it was Paul Schultheiß the captain-lieutenant.

Maybe, instead, he was actually serving H. Capitain Leüttenants Von [???]... [von Michelburgischem - as Franz_Ridler suggested?]

Could that word, then, be the name of the officer?

As you said, KenigAguar, maybe someone more familiar with military terminology and historical events may either confirm this or not.

Hello again,

...Paul Schulthaiß uss Sachsen ge-
bührtig, welcher gewesen ....
Sel(ig) Witiw allhier.

Paul Schultheiss born in Saxony, who had previously been a servant of.... and Margreta, Caspar Schlegel's surviving widow from here

Hope that helps and gives you ideas.

Vera

Guten Abend Vera,

Thank you. That part of the text has been clear. The only thing still missing is the name of the officer Paul had been a servant of.

I am not sure that "Michelburgischem" is the correct spelling. When I google it, I can't find anything.

"Born in Saxony" is extremely generic, plus there is no reference to who his father was, so trying to find the town he was born in is almost impossible.

Maybe more accurate information about his military service might be of some help. That is what I am hoping to get.

Best,
Patrizia

Hello Pat,

as you know the officer's name is not provided. And since the time frame as to when Schultheiß served in that military unit is unknown as well, it seems to be a real challenge to determine that Captain's name.

However, the provided transcription needs a small revision.

It need to read:

...welcher gewesen H(err)n Capitain Leuttenants
von Mechelburgischem LeibRegiment zu Pferdt

Mechelburg = Mecklenburg

Regarding "Saxony" this refers to the former territory of the

Kurfürstentum Sachsen

see i.e. here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurfürstentum_Sachsen

Regards, Vera

Guten Abend Vera,

Thank you for the revision and the extra information provided. That is quite some food for thought.

Looking at the map of Saxony related to the link you sent me, I guess Paul may have been a native of any village around Dresden and Leipzig.

I saw there is an archive for Dresden and Meissen, so I will go through every Baptism Register, hoping to find his birth record.

Anything about Leipzig?

Vielen Dank,
Patrizia

Hello Pat,

as you know the officer's name is not provided. And since the time frame as to when Schultheiß served in that military unit is unknown as well, it seems to be a real challenge to determine that Captain's name.

However, the provided transcription needs a small revision.

It need to read:

...welcher gewesen H(err)n Capitain Leuttenants
von Mechelburgischem LeibRegiment zu Pferdt

Mechelburg = Mecklenburg

Regarding "Saxony" this refers to the former territory of the

Kurfürstentum Sachsen

see i.e. here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurfürstentum_Sachsen

Regards, Vera

Guten Morgen,

I have looked through the death register back and forth and this is the only record I have found that seems to be Paul's. Could it be?

http://www.archion.de/p/c2b21ecc09/

His last name is spelled Schultz, like in his wife Agatha's death record.
What else does the text say?

We already know that Paul was a native of Saxony and had served in a Leib Regiment.

Vielen Dank,
Patrizia

Sorry for reposting...

Guten Morgen,

I have looked through the death register back and forth and this is the only record I have found that seems to be Paul's. Could it be?

http://www.archion.de/p/c2b21ecc09/

His last name is spelled Schultz, like in his wife Agatha's death record.

We already know that Paul was a native of Saxony and had served in a Leib Regiment zu Pferde.

What else does the text say??

Vielen Dank,
Patrizia

Zurück
Oben