advice for finding Baptism records

I have two ancestors that I have found records for their families in Frauenstein, Dippoldiswalde, Dresden, Sachsen. I tried to go back further to research the eldest (husband and wife)- who I am thinking should have been born between 1650 and 1660. On their marriage record, it said they were from this village. I can find no record of either of them. Would it have been uncommon to not baptize children at that time period?

Please:
1. name of the two ancestors
2. link to the church book marriage record (make a Permalink)

Not baptize children are not listen in church book records.

On their marriage record, it said they were from this village......

A little more background....

In order to provide any help or profound advice, Kimberly, it is required to see exactly/in detail what this record tells. (Therefore the Permalink request.)

Wordings like: von hier / allhier / hierselbst / hier ---- or the like / variations thereof may mean that either the groom or the bride or both were indeed born at the place of their marriage.
These terms may however also simply tell, that one part of the couple or both simply resided at the place of their marriage upon the time of their marriage, but were born elsewhere.

Kind regards, Vera

Here is the Permalink. I'm not a German reader, so please forgive me if I don't understand your requests...but I do think this is what you wanted.
The names are Jacob Schneider and Rosina Bernhard, married in Frauenstein in 1681. I cannot find Baptismal records for either one of them

8. Den 21 9br ⟨1681⟩ ist Jacob Schneider, Einwohner in Reichenau, George
Schneiders, Bauers u. Hüfners in Reichenau eheleib⟨licher⟩ Sohn, mit Jungfer Rosina, George
Bernhards, wei⟨land⟩ Einwohners u.⟨nd⟩ Oelschlägers in Reichenau hinterlaßener Tochter öffent⟨lich⟩
u.⟨nd⟩ Christ⟨lich⟩ copuliret worden, Gott gebe Ihnen s.⟨einen⟩ reichen Segen !

Jacob Schneider, inhabitant in Reichenau, was the legitimate son of Georg Schneider, farmer and ‘Hufner’ there
the virgin Rosina Bernhard was the daughter of the late Georg Bernhard, inhabitant and oilmaker in Reichenau

Zurück
Oben