Hutzler family, Regensburg 1900s

Hello everyone!
My apologies for my lack of German!
I am searching for any information about my grandmother Hanna, born Katherina Johanna Hutzler 22 June 1905 in Regensburg to Georg and Anna Hutzler.
Hanna had many siblings but I sadly do not know their names or dates of birth. Her father was an engineer who worked in some connection with the railway (he was not a train driver). Her father died when she was young and her older brother stepped in as head of the house. They did not get along and Hanna left Germany for Switzerland at about age 17. She had a sister already working there. This is all we know. She ended up in America and this is where she became our extra grandmother (she and her husband lived next door to my biological great grandparents).

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best wishes,
Melissa

Hi Melissa:

One initial question, as it will affect in what German sources one looks:

What religion was Hanna (i.e., Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish)?

--Carl-Henry

For whatever it is worth, here is Georg Hutzler in the 1912 Regensburg directory (the only one of that time that is available online):

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSG1-X9JG-N?i=42

He is listed as Georg Hutzler, k. Oberwerkführer, living at Hochweg 34. "Oberwerkführer" essentially means local workshop department head within the railroad company; the Royal Bavarian Railroads had substantial workshops associated with the main train station in Regensburg. Hochweg 34 (in Germany house numbers are listed after rather than before the streetname) is located about 2.6 km northwest of the main train station.

>Katherina Johanna Hutzler 22 June 1905 in Regensburg
to Georg and Anna Hutzler.<

I think the best would be to write to the Standesamt in Regensburg
to ask for the birth record of Johanna Catherina Hutzler. You can do it online:

E-Mail standesamt@regensburg.de

The website of the Standesamt English version:

https://www.regensburg.de/en

As you say, Catherina Johanna Hutzler came at the age of about 17 yrs
to Switzerland and worked there as a maid. Around 1922. What I think is, that she had to get a Document of the municipality before she could go - I think you could ask the Standesamt Regensburg, if they could tell you, where you could find these documents. - Also you should ask the municipality of Männesdorf / Zürich, Switzerland, for
a registration document of Catherina Johanna - because I am sure, that she had to go for registration there as a foreign worker.
Also, if her father died in Regensburg, please ask also the Standesamt for a death record of him. - As far as I could see, the name "Hutzler" does not appear in marriage records in Regensburg - so I think - as often of man who worked for the railway - came from other towns. - I think you will find all out. Please excuse my poor English.

Kontakt for Männedorf/Switzerland (at the Zürichsee :

Gemeindeverwaltungsamt
Bahnhofstrasse 10,
CH 8708 Männedorf
Switzerland

I could not find an email address or a fax no.

There is another Männedorf, but I think the above seems to be the right one.

BG.

on Ancestry there are a couple of Regensburg directories. in the one of 1923, these people are living in Hochweg 34a, upper floor:

Anna Hutzler, widow of the Oberwerkführer
Karl Hutzler, locksmith
Wilhelm Hutzler, fitter
Robert Hutzler, worker

in Emmeramsplatz 1 we find:
Michael Hutzler, station assistant (Stationsgehilfe)

By the way: the small numbers after the house number in the directory stand for the floor.

0 ground floor
1 first floor (and so on)

So the family lived:

1912 Hochweg 34, ground floor
1923 Hochweg 34a, first floor

The houses 34a-f, 35, 36, 43 and 44 obviously were new buildings in 1912, that were not yet inhabited. In 1923 we also find a house number 34g.

Here the Hutzler names in the 1929/1920 directory. Not sure they all belong to the same family:

Hochweg 34a (0):
Anna, widow of the Oberwerkführer
Ernst, blacksmith
Wilhelm, fitter

Hochweg 44 (1):
Robert, municipal crane operator

Galgenbergstraße 24 (0):
Georg, hairdresser

Rheinhausen, Kleinsiedlung 29:
Heinrich, baker

Wahlenstraße 14 (2):
Kath(arina), housekeeper

Obermünsterplatz 9 (1):
Michael, worker at the Reichsbahn

Let's jump to 1966:

Anna, the widow, still lives, now in Zieblandstraße 6.

There is a
Robert, municipal employee, Hochweg 56
Ernst, forwarding agent, Westheim 6
Katharina, detective inspector, Schlesierstr. 59

There are more Hutzlers, who could be grandchilds of Anna and Georg.

Zurück
Oben