Wohnt jemand in VARL, in der Nähe von Rahden?

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Wohnt jemand in VARL, in der Nähe von Rahden? Ich habe vor, im Juli 2025 dorthin zu fahren, um Informationen über meine Heldmann-Vorfahren zu finden, die zwischen 1820 und 1880 in VARL 178 lebten.

I thought you've already been in direct contact with the city of Rahden, the village of Varl and other archives in Northrhine-Westphalia.

Not so??

---------------------------------

Place of "origin" of the Heldmann family in Varl is Wehdem.
(Heldmann married to Kokemohr from Destel.)

------------------------------------

An early time of Heldmann in Varl is as you say in 1820.

At that time they were lodgers at Varl No. 22 - today's address: Hinterm Lohbusch 4, 32369 Rahden
(As an aside: I am not aware that the Heldmanns ever owned a house / farm / cottage in Varl.
Later they were lodgers at Varl No. 178 - today's address: Mühlensteg, 32369 Rahden.)

Anyway: Here's the website of the family who reside at the former house "Varl No. 22" today

May be you should contact them.

Another place you should visit in order get insight into people's living conditions in the 19. Century is the

Museumshof Rahden

contact data to be found here:

Did you already read this article "Auswanderung aus Varl im 19. und 20. Jahrhundert"?
It's really an interesting read.

Kind regards, Vera

Vera, thank you for all the information and the websites. . Yes, I have contacted Rahden city hall. I
Is the website of the business that you sent me (
"Anyway: Here's the website of the family who reside at the former house "Varl No. 22" today

Startseite

www.handmadeklamottis.com
www.handmadeklamottis.com"
)
belong to the family at VARL 178?

Thak you again.
Peggy Heldman Tumasz

Vera, Johnn Heldmann bought VARL 178 from the colonist Schwettmann in 1820. Johann gave it to his daughter, Marie Sophie and her husband Franz Wilhelm Emshoff, as a wedding present in 1848. Johann continued to live there until his death in 1858. Marie died in 1875. Franz sold VARL 178 to their daughter, Wilhelmine Emshoff and her husband Christian Kotenbrink in 1880.

Vera, Johnn Heldmann bought VARL 178 from the colonist Schwettmann in 1820. Johann gave it to his daughter, Marie Sophie and her husband Franz Wilhelm Emshoff, as a wedding present in 1848. Johann continued to live there until his death in 1858. Marie died in 1875. Franz sold VARL 178 to their daughter, Wilhelmine Emshoff and her husband Christian Kotenbrink in 1880.

Thank, Peggy.
Do you have those contracts, or from which source has this information been derived, please?

I have many land record/mortgage documents. I blieve I received them from the Rahden city archive in german script. Here is a few examples. I lost the translations.

That‘s perfect, so you most likely have all the still available information at hand.

As to your question regarding Varl # 22, NO that was never a Heldmann property.
The Heldmanns were only lodgers at Varl # 22.

I don‘t know if the family currently residing at Varl # 22 actually rented that house, or if they own it.
And due to data protection / privacy means there‘s no way to tell.

Here is a translation of an excerpt ( not the document itself) from the 1848 sale of VARL 178:
I present [this] certified copy of a contract established to date between the farmer on newly cleared land ("Neubauer") Friedrich Wilhelm Heldmann, No. 178 in Varl, and his daughter Maria Henriette Heldman and the farmer ("Ackersmann") Franz Wilhelm Emshoff at No. 7 in Wehdem.
Rahden, on the 3rd of Nov[em]b[e]r 1848

In the presence of Wilhelm Werth, living in Rahden, Royal Prussian Notary in the Department of the Royal Higher Regional Court in Paderborn,

Here is a translation of an excerpt ( not the document itself) from the 1848 sale of VARL 178:
I present [this] certified copy of a contract established to date between the farmer on newly cleared land ("Neubauer") Friedrich Wilhelm Heldmann, No. 178 in Varl, and his daughter Maria Henriette Heldman and the farmer ("Ackersmann") Franz Wilhelm Emshoff at No. 7 in Wehdem.
Rahden, on the 3rd of Nov[em]b[e]r 1848

In the presence of Wilhelm Werth, living in Rahden, Royal Prussian Notary in the Department of the Royal Higher Regional Court in Paderborn,

Thanks.
Interesting to learn.

I received the documents from the Landesarchiv Nordrhein-Westfalen not the Rahden city archive. Here is an email thread that I had with the archivist in 2022:

Moderatoren Hinweis:
Der Text wurde umfangreich editiert.
Bitte keine(!) private Korrespondenz im Forum veröffentlichen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Yes. All fine and as I had already assumed.

That archive provides such records

for private use only

and does by default not grant permission to share those publicly over the Internet.

So again: Heads up please!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben