Jacob Mayer - Unterensingen

Thank you, KoenigAguar, for your help. Very much appreciated.

I searched on the Internet and it seems that the "Leib Regiment zu Pferde" were the Prussia's Horse Guards.

Moreover, as I read again both the German and English versions of the text, I am wondering whether I might have erroneously thought that it was Paul Schultheiß the captain-lieutenant. Maybe, instead, he was actually serving H. Capitain Leüttenants Von [???]... so that word that we can't figure out might be the name of the officer.

As you said, maybe someone more familiar with military terminology and historical events may either confirm this or not.

Thank you, I will look into it.

I had opened up a new topic because I thought it was becoming confusing to keep writing under this one, when the requests were not related directly to Jacob Mayer anymore.
That's absolutely the correct approach. Perfect.

However, if you open a new topic, you should really consider to close the identical one, posted before, in order to avoid double-work, right?

Anyway: this topic here should definitely be closed.

Thanks and regards, Vera

I understand and I apologize. I am new to forums in general. Thank you for clarifying the rules. As you made it clear, this topic is closed.

I hope to be allowed to report my reply to KoenigAguar in the other topic so that we can continue to communicate on the subject.

Regards,
Patrizia

Thank you, I will look into it.

I had opened up a new topic because I thought it was becoming confusing to keep writing under this one, when the requests were not related directly to Jacob Mayer anymore.
That's absolutely the correct approach. Perfect.

However, if you open a new topic, you should really consider to close the identical one, posted before, in order to avoid double-work, right?

Anyway: this topic here should definitely be closed.

Thanks and regards, Vera

Zurück
Oben